Saturday, March 21, 2015

Coming Up

In my head I've not been blogging much - but I think its probably because I've not done too many "catch up" blogs on what's going on out there. I don't really want this to just turn into a "review" blog so I will try harder....

Today... you can go to Poets & Players at John Rylands for poetry superstar Alice Oswald. I imagine it will be packed so get there early.

On Monday, we've a whole raft of superstars, the FlashTag flash fiction collective - kind of like WWF but with words or something. I think it will be Fat Roland, Benjamin Judge and Sarah Clare Conlon reading at Verbose, alongside an "open mic". The last two events were packed so come early. Both Fat Roland and Benjamin Judge did a reading last night at SFX at the Royal Exchange, so if that was a preview, you are in for a treat.

And the megastars keep on coming, as the very funny (and very good) Chris Killen will be reading in real life from his new novel "In Real Life" at ever entertaining Bad Language.

Then the Manchester art scene will be out in force on Thursday night for a final showcase of New Art Space Federation House developed by Castlefield Gallery. It should be fantastic. Details are here - and its from 6pm-9pm.

Enough to be going on with? I do hope so.

I'm now off to Levy Market where there's food, drink, fleas (its a flea market innit?) and musical performances.

No comments: