Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The great thing about Myspace...

...and perhaps the real reason for "social networking" is that you come across things serendipitously that you otherwise wouldn't have done. Therefore, friends round for dinner tonight, Tim's in a band that can be found here, which led me to here, the Manchester Mixtape and CD festival. Wonderful! And it happens without anyone's permission. I'm already itching over the pause button (which would, in itself, be a great name for a song).

PS "Life on Mars" was good as a self-contained episode but bad in its inexcusable playing of fast-and-loose that had come before. It used "The Others" technique at one point, and then turned back on that. It's not the trick endings that bothered me; but you always felt there was a reason that Sam Tyler had been spirited back (indeed, some episodes were particularly focused on this), and yet, unless I missed something, there was no reason. McGuffins all round, in other words.

1 comment:

miss-cellany said...

Hi, good to find your blog.

I've recently given up the day job and taken the plunge into full time writing. I'm currently doing some research into the growth of blogging and specifiaclly writers who blog; if you have a moment I'd appreciate your thougts/ideas...