Friday, January 09, 2009

New Year, no Revolutions

I'm not a great one for New Year's Resolutions - but this year I'm going to try and do something creative (either making something, or consuming something creative) every day. I'm not exactly going to beat myself up if I miss a day. The main thing is to think creatively, create some creative space - yes, I'm busy, but I'm surely not that busy...

...not sure how I'm doing this week. On Wednesday was in the lovely city of Lancaster, but got back in time to meet up with a few Other Room types, who were out in town. The next Other Room is in February, in its usual place of the Old Abbey Inn. Looking forward to it, as ever. Before then theres the next lit night at the Deaf Institute, which I've kept missing as I always seem to be away. Nice to have a few things in the diary, however vaguely.

I'm not sure if yesterday was creative as such, yet I met up with a friend from my college days in the Cambridge Blue pub just off Mill Road, in Cambridge. We certainly covered plenty of topics throughout the evening - so let's cound that as a yes! And today I'm not only writing my blog, but spent the morning at a seminar about Motion capture for the arts - which was all very exciting, if only to meet a few interesting "hyphenates" (A hyphenate being someone with more than one role - writer-bloggers, musician-academics etc.)

I've got a bit of Work to do at the weekend polishing some writing that I need to send off; so I'm hoping for an early night tonight, and a clear head tomorrow. You never know, it might happen.

1 comment:

mythusmage said...

Sometimes you've got to wait for the planks to age before you can build the foundations